Friday, February 18, 2011

Baby Shearer is a __ __ __ !

It's official - baby Shearer is a precious baby BOY!! Baby boy is growing so fast! He is healthy, and just the right size!  It was so amazing to see God’s creation in our little boy!  Seeing the 4 chambers of his heart pumping, his brain, and all his wiggling and kicking was absolutely incredible! Thank you Jesus for our healthy baby boy!!

 
I’m a BOY, and I’m not shy!
Our 1st shot after starting the ultrasound!
Baby Boy’s Profile
Baby is sucking his thumb!  Too cute!
Baby Boy’s view from the front
(head on the left, arms/hands middle, abdomen on right)
Tummy Progression as baby grows:
 
Remember the 5 weeks pic?
Tummy Pic 5 weeks 11-8-10
 
No more flat tummy for Melissa!
Baby is growing & my abdominal muscles are feeling the stretching!
Tummy Pic at 19 weeks
Tummy Pic 19 weeks 2-13-11
We are half way through this pregnancy- 20 weeks down (5 full months) and 20 weeks to go until we meet baby boy! 
 
The only sad news was that I (Melissa) can no longer run.  I knew this was coming at some point and with the increased pelvic pressure I’ve started experiencing while running, my midwives have told me to stop running and try walking fast or elliptical.  All you runners out there know being told to stop running for 26 weeks can be sort of like someone telling you to stop drinking water!  As I went to the gym today with a bad attitude about having to walk and wondering if I could stand the thought of not running at all, the Lord starting speaking to my heart.  (My times on treadmill can often be times of contemplation and talking to Jesus about what’s on my heart.)  I began feeling like the Lord was telling me that He is teaching me to become more selfless and not so selfish.  If I had to give up running for the rest of my life because God asked me to, would I be willing to make a sacrifice for my Savior who saved me from death and the ugliness of my sin?  Romans 12:1-2 says,
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."
Lord, help me to realize this life isn’t about me or what I want to do, but my life is about doing your will and sharing your great love and saving grace with others around me.  I know the Lord is beginning to prepare me now to become less selfish, and when baby boy comes, I’m sure I will be learning a whole lot more about how selfish I can be. (I know all you moms out there are probably laughing at that last sentence… like, “if she only knew…”)  I’m seeking the Lord to help me become more selfless in all areas of my life- in loving and serving my husband, in loving others that seem undeserving, and sharing God’s gift of eternal life to others.
 
We can’t wait to meet baby boy in July!

3 comments:

  1. Melissa I am so excited for you guys! Too precious!!! Congratulations, half way there!!!
    Love,
    Rachel Towns

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful. i cannot wait to meet him and hold him. he is already so loved! and i love you! i wish i loved running as much as you do...but i'm trying to! aaah i'm so excited for you guys!

    erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Isn't it amazing!? As for the selflessness...it is incredible how immediately selfless you become, the minute that baby is in your arms! You will adjust to your new non-running life and won't even care by the end!

    ReplyDelete